Zum Riesen, Zum Hirschen: be a Guest in Historical Landmarks
01.04. - 11.11.2020
Two historic buildings at two different locations in South Tyrol, each with a special spirit and history: the Hotel Zum Hirschen in Alta Val di Non Valley near Merano and the Gasthof Zum Riesen Inn in Tarres in the Venosta Valley cultural region. Both have been renovated in recent years and offer a unique combination of history, contemporary architecture, simple design and family hospitality within historic walls. Both were selected as "Historic Guest Houses of the Year 2019" in South Tyrol.
Hotel Zum Hirschen
Mentioned in local sources as early as 1184, Zum Hirschen has always been a stopover for pilgrims, traders and travellers, before becoming a South Tyrolean inn in the mid-20th century. After renovation in 2017, the hotel is now a destination for active connoisseurs, offering a new form of Alpine retreat with its minimalist design, clear architectural concept and reduced simplicity.
Your retreat at the Zum Hirschen includes:
- 2 nights in the new Hospitium, Gasthof or LUC rooms
- hotel tour followed by Bordy, a herbal aperitif according to Hildegard von Bingen
- daily Zum Hirschen breakfast with a variety of local products
- entry ticket to the Gampen Bunker at Passo Palade
- farm tour followed by a tasting of agricultural products
- entry to the bio-sauna and Finnish sauna as well as the relaxation room, tea and juice bar
- complimentary spa bag with comfortable bathrobe and sauna towels; disposable slippers are available on request at the reception, for ecological reasons, we kindly ask you to bring them from home.
- Gift for home: one jar of homemade jam from the CERVO kitchen
Historic Gasthof Zum Riesen
Historic refuge “Zum Riesen”, a place you have been searching for a long time, to enjoy a holiday at your pace. For people with a strong soul, for sensitive people who pick up on big and small feelings, in our guesthouse, painstakingly restored, with great attention to detail. A place where arriving is a pleasure… to find yourself again. A place that allows to take control of time.
Your retreat at the Zum Riesen includes:
- 2 nights in one of the 9 individual Zum Riesen rooms
- personal guided tour with Alessandra Dell'Agnolo followed by an aperitif in the Tarscher Wirt
- Zum Riesen breakfast with regional products from the Val Venosta Valley
- Venosta Card for the use of all public transport in South Tyrol and access to more than 40 leisure and cultural facilities
- Entrance to the swimming pool Aquaforum in Laces
- Free use of the sauna with panoraic terrace including cuddly bathrobe and sauna towels
from 438.- Euro
Package price per person